Ridgewaye Field

Ariel View of the Community Fields of Southborough.  

These are known as the Yew Tree Road Playing Fields and the Ridgewaye Fields. The Yew Tree Road Playing fields have been used for senior football since the early 1900's. 

The Ridgewaye Fields were purchased by Southborough Town Council in 1997 following the earlier closure of the secondary school on the site. They are now home to the Tunbridge Wells Ridgewaye Football Club - a Youth Club serving the Community.

The area shown in Yellow has been earmarked by Southborough Town Council for a housing development - comprising 69 Units in Apartment Blocks. The cash raised from this sale will be used to fund the proposed Southborough Hub - new Council Offices, Community Hall, replacement Library. Also contained within the Hub site is a new Medical Centre to replace the St Andrews Medical Centre - although the funding arrangements for this are not currently in the Public Domain. 

This will result in the loss of some 20% of the Ridgewaye Fields.

The Orange is the existing Royal Victoria Hall Theatre / Council Offices
The Grey area (Tesco & Lloyds Bank land) has now been purchased as part of the Hub Scheme.




The Royal Victoria Hall
Gifted by Sir David Lionel Salomons In 1900
(with adjoining house - now the Southborough Town Council Offices)


The Royal Victoria Hall & Southborough Town Council Offices 2016


 


Our Southborough Library to close under Hub Plans




The Proposed Southborough Hub


After demolition of the Royal Victoria Hall & Council Offices



SEAM does not believe that proposed Hub is suitable for Southborough.  It design is out of character (with its "cheap" Polycarbonate shell) and the facilities it offers do not give value for money - or justify the loss of some 20% of Green Flat Playing Field.